Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting company. There are various classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's have a glimpse at these. Thus, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you'd like to establish a web page, e-mail aliases, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by various firms, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific spell of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly erroneous interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would apportion the tasks at hand between separate bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share an enormous quantity of pics with mates or acquaintances since the service is commonly free of cost. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to administering your mails. Some vendors provide site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and several hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to keep as many video files as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to possess a website. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that permit you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for particular content solely.